Nature is so very intriguing! Here are two contrasting colours, existing literally side by side on the same leaf, amidst the other plants in my garden. I believe there’s a lesson in there for us humans somewhere, one that says no matter how opposite we may be from another person we can still live together … I’m sure of it 🙂
“I want to be a force for real good. In other words. I know that there are bad forces, forces that bring suffering to others and misery to the world, but I want to be the opposite force. I want to be the force which is truly for good.” ~John Coltrane
“What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” ~Richard Wilbur
That Will Inspire You to Live Your Best Life Now
- “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
- “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”
- “Conflict cannot survive without your participation.”
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
- “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
- “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.”
- “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.”
- “Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.”
My favourite quote of all is number 5; what’s yours?
Leave a note in the comments and thanks for visiting; you are awesome!
Kon'nichiwa dear friend!
Hello from Tokyo, Japan where I am for a few days. Stay tuned for a full update on my visit but in the meantime, I’m sharing some of the unique ‘faces’ I’ve seen so far (mainly in response to the WordPress Photo Challenge).
Face on a row of posters at the airport as we walked to the arrivals hall.
The faces of two chefs as they prepared our meals.
Thought her face was absolutely beautiful.
The faces of musicians as they played Japanese music.
Even though the rain is falling her face still looks kind of happy.
♥ ♥ ♥
“The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.”
~ St. Jerome
“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.”
~ Walt Whitman
“The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of God shine through.”
~ Edna St. Vincent Millay
Click here to see more facial interpretations.